Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Indulgence

HR, one of my closest friends at Oxy, is the queen of indulgence. I would have made her proud this weekend. On Friday, MS, ACM, and I treated ourselves to dinner at the Green Street Tavern to celebrate MS's last weekend in town. The next morning KC,MW,MS and I had brunch at Auntie Em's, an Oxy staple. With my belly full and my wallet considerably lighter, I revved up for our Saturday hike. KC, MS and I spent the day at Switzer falls. The falls are located only 20 minutes away, and here's the kicker: YOU CAN SLIDE DOWN THEM. Needless to say, I could not have asked for a better day. However, all of this fun was also served with a heaping pile of guilt. I can't help but wonder why I have all of these wonderful experiences, people, opportunities, freedoms, (infinite list) in my life. I don't feel as though I've done anything incredible to merit these gifts. I certainly don't believe I deserve these things more than the next person. But I suppose I'll never come to a definitive answer, so all I can do is feel unspeakably grateful. Occasional indulgence is amusing but gratitude is always bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment